Monday, February 15, 2016

Feb 8th 2016

2-8-15

This week was a pretty good week! We had a couple really cool experiences! 
First off we had exchanges with the new traveling assistants which was super cool! I went on mine with Elder Ord who is actually a friend of my Kohler cousins in California!  So it's always fun to get to hang out with him for a bit! He is also a super devoted missionary! We went to an apartment complex looking for a referral we received. The only problem was we didn't have the apartment number just the complex address. So we prayed and went in with a goal of teaching two lessons and getting 3 people to invite us back. After a lot of knocking, talking, praying, and effort, we were able to achieve our goals! That is one big thing I've learned is prayerfully setting goals is huge! If we can set goals and invite God into the process, then he knows how to help us achieve these goals! But if we just go in blindly and hoping for success, we can't always achieve what we want to. So set goals and pray to ask for help!

Next the other Elders in our ward had a baptism which was super cool! The baptism was for investigators that have been investigating the church for about a year now! So that was a long time coming and they were very happy to finally have gotten there! We even were able to have the missionary that first started teaching them come and baptize them! Which made it such a special event! Talking to them and talking to a good friend back home who was baptized recently was so cool to be able to remember that peace that comes over you after being baptized. I think a quiet peace is something we can all use in our crazy lives and it's so great to remember that we can have it by following God's commandments! 

Lastly we have a new investigator! She is such a nice lady! She has two kids and is separated from her husband and is looking for some support and happiness in her life. She told us how impressed she was with our church and how he has a special feeling when she talks to us! We were able to have a really great first lesson and she said one think she really liked was the scriptures! How the Book of Mormon and the Bible compliment each other so well! And I couldn't agree more! I love the scriptures so much! They are so amazing to have for us to be able to relive the experiences of such amazing prophets and followers of Christ. For those of you who know me know I don't really love to read unless it has a lot of pictures. So starting to read the scriptures was a struggle for me at first. But as I have started to read with more purpose and with a question in mind, I have come to love reading the scriptures so much! So that's what I'd challenge you guys to try this week, is think of a question you've had in your life, then search for the answer in the scriptures! If you pray and have faith I promise you will receive your answer either by the words you read, or the feelings of the Holy Ghost! 

 Well I hope you have a great week! And a Happy early Presidents' Day and Valentine's Day! It's super crazy how fast time is flying! It has been 7 months today so that's nuts! But who's counting right? Haha. I really have loved my mission so much so far and it has taught me a lot! I'm excited for the months to come and the great things I'll continue to learn! Much love to all and to all Una buena semana! image1.JPG

-Elder Jacob Reed Kohler

No comments:

Post a Comment