Tuesday, December 8, 2015

November 30, 2015

11-30-15
A good week of giving thanks for sure! Things have been going well here! We started the week with a zone finding activity which turned out to be really cool! We set up tables down town with a big paper on each and asked people to write down things they are grateful for, as well as handed out cards for "The Festival of Lights," which is pretty much like the lights at temple square and they have concerts and things going on every night in December at the temple! I got to talk to a lot of people and a pretty solid amount in Spanish. I even got to give away a Book of Mormon to a Lady who seemed pretty interested! Great experience!

Then my comp and I were kind of looking around for some new investigators as we have had some problems lately with ours not keeping commitments. We ended up checking on a former investigator and he is really interested! We got talking with him and he pretty much just told us his life story! His dad and sister passed away from cancer and now his girlfriend has it so he is having a really tough time with that. We were able to share about the plan of salvation a little and he said he felt a special peace when he talked to us. I was able to bare my testimony about the spirit and we told him our message is the truth and can help him in his life. He wants to meet with us again and we are super excited to work with him! 

We then had thanksgiving and it was a pretty good day! We started the day only having one appointment during lunch and we had no clue what to do the rest of the day since we weren't allowed to proselyte. We were just getting ready for the day when we got a call from two different families asking us to come over for some food and to share a message! And the day ended up being great! I got some turkey and good desserts along with lots of rice haha. I was very thankful for it all! 

We finished off the week with having a ward play on family history and it was really... Interesting? They put a lot of hype into it and it was just kind of a funny play even though it wasn't meant to be haha. Reminded me a little of the Spanish soap operas my great grandma used to watch haha. Good times! 

Well I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving! The scripture I'd like to share with you guys is 2 Nephi 9:52! It is about praying to God all day in everything we need! Even the little things! And then at night we have to thank him for his hand in our lives and for all the blessings we have! I can promise you it'll bring you happiness and God will be able to rain down more blessings upon you! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

-Elder Jacob Reed Kohler

No comments:

Post a Comment